Free Domain Registration

I'm the n00b.

Posted by SirPuppy Sunday, July 31, 2011 ,

Hiya!

First time blogger here, and I just finished reading my first blog that Jenny wrote.
I don't think facebook or myspace count as blogs so much as random pop off's to the world.

Currently for the movie Christ Complex, the role I've moved into is for the lack of a better term "the guy that does whatever he can do". I have helped move things, hold things, make suggestions, helped with some of the software that is being used to edit the movie. Figured I'd give a little background of how I got involved in Christ Complex.

I met Jeff Richards almost six years ago the 22nd of August. Why do I know the date so well? It was the first day of my new job. He has always been extremely supportive and very entertaining to be around.

A couple of years ago I was talking to him and he mentioned that he had worked on some short films, and gave me the link to them on you tube and what not. Then he started working on Hilljack Samurai. He had a couple of people in it from work, and I really wanted to be apart of that, but the rest of my life cut into my time and I missed out on that. However, I just finished school, and found myself with a lot more time on my hands, and about that time Jeff had told me the movie he had been working on he was going to move to Parkersburg. I was very excited because I love movies , but I've never been able to take part in one.

I asked Jeff if I could help, and he was excited and said that he'd love to have more people help. Little did I know that I would end up being a human diffuser.

The first day of shooting I got there a little late because I got lost. But I made my way to where we were shooting and I was introduced to Chris, Todd and Cathy. Another person there I knew already but was always nice to see was Melody. It was a great morning, and I learned quite a few things pretty quick. One thing was that work halogen lights make plastic shower curtains melt, and stink, and very very hot. I also learned that Jeff doesn't always remember important lessons, such as looking directly into the plastic melting lights on more than a few occasions that day, at one point I had to remind him to "don't look into the light Carol Anne!"

Shooting day two, I got to meet quite a few more of the cast members. Some of them I had seen from plays they did at the Actor's Guild in Parkersburg, and they had all impressed me a great deal, and I was actually excited just to meet them. I suck at names but I'm sure I'll learn more as I'm around more. It was fun talking with everyone while we set up shots, trading lines from all the movies we all knew, and just had a good time in general.

It's been about two months now total, and we're getting into the meat of the movie now, and everyone is excited. I was at the last read through and after a lot of hysterical laughter, the actors/actresses made it though all the lines for the next few days for shooting, that night was one of the best nights I've had in a while. I got to see friends I'd worked with in the past who are working in the movie now too.

I'm just glad everyone has accepted me and let me help, I moved to the area about 10 years ago, and it's been tough finding something I feel that I'm helping contribute to. I've been learning a lot of the language of stage and screen.

I look forward to the next two or three months of getting this movie, and helping to get it finished up to see the final product. Everyone involved has been awesome. The actors and actresses are doing their lines/acting with what looks like little or no effort on shooting days and it's been pretty impressive to me.

Thank you to everyone who I've had the honor of getting to know, or just getting to know better.

___________________________________
Stay up-to the minute by following Christ Complex on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Christ-Complex/125127614204418

0 comments

Post a Comment

Clean Before Loading Full Film

                                Photobucket